This is what happens when you have multiple writers in the same house
Jasmine: I just shot one of my characters.
Stephanie: Mine all got mind-raped.
I just disposed of 2/3s of my Main characters. I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself. I also got to use the title line, and give Mr. X a chance to show his creepiness. Good times with rhubarb crumble and caffeine overload.
It’s funny, I thought up the story and characters before I came to Ottawa, and at the time the names I chose were all not attached to any people I knew. Now half of my MC’s share names. Moreover, the characters are pretty much diametrically opposed to the people. The characters are:
- Alison: 18. red hair. Gangly, but can move quite quietly when she wants too. She’s got a temper. Good with guns. Uncomfortably accurate memory. Currently planning something illegal.
- Katie: 15, (the youngest). Sweet. Stubborn. Talkative. Unexpected planner and observer. Cute. Currently going to fetch firemen.
- Ben: 16. Goof ball. Really quiet when he wants to be. Good at recovering from his tactlessness. Hand to hand combat. Currently going to fetch help, and towards a prepared Mr. X.
- Kathleen. 16. Serene. A ridiculous mind for numbers. Currently keeping track of everything that moves in or out.
- Lynn: 17. Arrogant. Handsome and boy does he know it. Surprisingly good at acting drunk. Rich. Currently “limp and white” in a storage container in -20 weather.
- Michael: 18. Pretty much a man. Liberating supplies? no problem. Currently tied up and shot in a storage container in -20 weather.
Any correlations seen? *smile*
Ah, I like my people, but I like Alison, Lynn and Michael best. I’m glad I’m writing this for an age group which necessitates that I don’t kill off my MC’s. They can get mauled a bit, but not killed. *gentle smile* However, I need to get Michael to relax a bit.
Just cause he was right, doesn’t mean he needs to go about being grim! Maybe blood loss will help.