There have indeed been actual occurrences in my life! I just fail at blogging. I am heartily ashamed, and bow and scrape in your general direction, my loyal reader. (Wait, you mean there is more than one reader of this blog? My, I have been remiss.)
Let me cast my mind back into the murky depths of the past. What shall I talk about? Oh, the Brownie sleepover last weekend. Words are inadequate, but I shall try.
- *deep breath*
- Oh Oh Oh Oh setting up beds and can I sleep next to my best friend Melissa teacher she says she’s sleeping next to Reagan but I want her to sleep next to me teacherrrrrrrrrr…….
- GAMES. SONGS. SINGING. AND DANCING. AND SINGING AND DANCING AND SINGING AND DANCING AT HIGH VOLUME.
- Oh look, Pizza! *munches*
- LET’S RUN AROUND AND SCREAM FOR FUN!
- Oh, never mind, let’s melt plastic cups in the oven and decorate them.
- LET’S RUN AROUND AND SCREAM- oh, nail polish?
- Let’s paint the leader’s nails, each nail a different colour!
- Sleep? Why would we want to do that? Oh look, it’s tomorrow…
- *leaders pass out sometime about three am*
- Oh look, it’s morning!
- *leaders lurch off in search of coffee*
- *children are perky and RUN AND SCREAM AND SHOUT*
- *children go home*
- *leaders clean*
- *leaders go home*
Yep, that was pretty much the brownie sleepover, in microcosm. Then that evening I went out to Ms. B’s house, and we had a write-in! Which is to say, she worked on school work, and I wrote fun things, and we both put our earbuds in and companionably ignored each other for four hours. Brought me back to Augustine times, I tell you. Of course it was still PM, so not totally Augustine times, but still…. *pauses* I jest, you know I jest. I was a wonderful student. Stellar. I made my professors weep. With joy. *awkward silence falls*
Oh, and then Fraulein and I built a wardrobe last night. Its name is War Drobe, after the shining city in the fair land of Spare Oom. Ahem. And yes, we wrestled that thing up three flights of stairs, because we are awesome, and then we hysterically put it together, because we are skilled. It only took us less than three hours, too. And before you laugh, remember that this was a flatpack wardrobe, with two drawers and doors and so on and so forth, and we built it ALL, without help aside from Slonner assisting with the hinges at the end- when we were too weak with laughter to hold the screwdrivers straight. But it was built, and it is a thing of beauty that I should be filling with clothes instead of blogging.
Maybe I should work on that? Oh, or I could be working on taxes! So many options!