As of this morning, my plan was to write two novels this year. They are both ideas I’ve sat on for years, so I figured it would be hard, but doable. And I’d done a bunch of brain-storming on my world building, I was working on character sketches, i was READY TO WRITE.
And then I read an article about funeral traditions in the Victorian era, and realized no, I was NOT ready to write. I have a lot of research to do. I have so much research to do that I am downgrading my objective from two novels to one.
This is what I am looking into;
- Death, Morning and Grief in various cultures
- Honour, Politeness and Face in various cultures
- The concept of formality vs the concept of affection in various cultures
- Pandemics, reaction to
- societal reaction to population devastation
- political reaction to population devastation
- economic reaction to population devastation
- Construction of identity and gender
- examples of what is retained and what is lost
- face blindness
- Blindness, Deafness and Paralysis in children due to accident or illness
- Cultural and historical significance of
- food in various cultures
- education in various cultures
- Factory Culture
- Shipyard Culture/Airports.
- Maturity in various cultures.
- Con men
- Yes, I’m still building that space station.