So remember that survey I did before vacation, when I thought I was going to accomplish things? Yeah. I tried to forget too, but it’s still hanging around.
So here are the results!
- The most popular options, with five votes each are;
Sleep. More sleep
- Work on a short story and send it out for sale. I don’t care what story it is, just send it out! Are you a professional or not?,
- Close behind, with four votes each;
- Work on Expendables
- Eat all the things.
- With three votes was;
- Work on Karma Police! I know that story has a soul in there somewhere…
- There was still some popularity behind these options, each with two votes;
- Write that story you said you were working on 4 months ago, the one about the wings and the plants that eat people.
- Write that story with the first line “The snake in my bed was expected, but the boy underneath it was a surprise.”
- Write more reviews! I don’t have NEARLY enough snark in my life!,
- Forget writing, READ ALL THE THINGS,
- Write something new and creative! I’m sure there’s a shred of creativity in there somewhere!,
- Learn to play mine craft.
- With a single vote each, some people felt I should use my time in;
- I think you should dye your hair a cool colour. Like Orange. Yeah.,
- Learn to play Halo.
- Forget writing, learn to play the drums.
- Forget writing, learn to knit. Like a boss.
- Dedicate your time to producing a truly excellent tumblr.
- And finally, there were two write-in votes.
- Enjoy the simple things in life – crisp winter air, a hot shower, a steaming cup of coffee/tea or cider, a warm bed, the smile of a friend, the laughter of a child, curling up with a good book that no one has told you to read, helping someone do something simple, music that calms your soul…
As you can see, I have not achieved everything on that list. Not quite.
The good news is that now my “school vacation” extends until September! I can totally manage to get another few things crossed off the list by then! Like dying my hair and/or eating all the things!