Event: Animal Kingdom and More
Today I entered and exited 3 theme parks, rode 3 monorails and 2 buses, ate in 1 restaurant, took 2 taxis and 6 rides. I also saw an ant-eater, discussed the mindset and propaganda machine that is the Disney entity, and drank three cups of coffee. Oh, and I saw a cute guy in the line behind me in Dinoland.
The day’s plan of attack;
- Arrive at Animal Kingdom with Family, Split up
- Ride the two rides in Dinoland USA. (ish)
- Meaner over to “Asia” and ride Expedition Everest. (awesome)
- Book it out of the park and take a bus to Epcot.
- Sidle along to Mexico and eat lunch, pausing for a discussion of Pleasure, Pain, and Utility.
- March out of Epcot and take two monorail to Magic Kingdom.
- Fight our way over to Tomorrowland, ride Indy Speedway. (meh)
- Be sucked into Space Mountain. (great)
- Persevere across the park into Splash Mountain. (good)
- Elbow our way out of Magic Kingdom, stopping to buy ice cream from a bearded woman from Hati.
- Gawk at an amazing barbershop quartet by the gate.
- Take a monorail and a bus back to Animal Kingdom.
- Meet up with Mommy, Daddy and the small ones.
- Taxi to the Hotel.
- Order in Chinese food and discuss the jaw-dropping efficiency and pervasiveness of Disney.
And now some quotes from the past 6 days.
Walrus’s idea of smalltalk: “Oh, I just noticed! Your legs are really hairy!”
Gail (A nurse back home): “Mickey loves everyone, even if you haven’t met him before.”
Daddy: “Actually, Mickey is just an actor in a plastic suit. And he’s probably dying of heat stroke, which is why his smile is painted on.”
Person 1 in line: “And when you have the whole Big Mac meal, it’s over a thousand calories.”
Person 2: “Don’t think about that! You only die once, so you may as well enjoy yourself.”
Taxi Driver: “And after 9/11 none of the Americans were flying, so the Brits kept this town alive. Of course, they’re used to fighting the NRA, so Al Queda was no biggie.”
Gid, with a big grin; “I ate you!”
Gid: “I have lightning shoes!”
Me, draping myself over a balcony: “I’m going into Internet withdrawal.”
Walrus: “I’m drinking jelly beans!”
Mommy: “Well, Gid saw a dragonfly, Lacey saw a Giraffe, and Snazel saw a cute guy; so the day was a success.”
Daddy: “This whole experience is the kind of thing which requires years of prior conditioning- which we don’t have. Which might be why we’re a little skeptical of the $20 pirate mouse ears.”
Sam, riding down the freeway. “Car! Car! Car! Car! Car! Car?”
PT: “No, that’s a truck.”
Sam: “Oh. Truck! Truck! Truck! Truck!”